What does it take to succeed as a manager?
In a span of over 20 years, Josh Verne has acquired vast experience in starting and growing businesses. The CEO of Flocku.com gives an insight of what it takes to be a good manager:
– Stop being bossy and act like a leader. Bosses demand their employees to do what they want. This will help bosses accomplish their own goals. Leaders first earn respect from their employees. They then take advantage of this to accomplish an objective that they set together as a team. Only leaders, and not bosses, succeed in their businesses.
– Good managers understand that there can always be a win for everybody, even in a bleak situation. They then find ways to ensure that every person wins in the decisions they make. This helps to boost teamwork.
– The key to appearing more authoritative is to listen more and speak less. Josh states that real power lies in using fewer words. Employees who notice that you listen to them will also listen to you.
– Find a way to balance your life. Having much money and no real relationship will make you suffer. Not having enough money and having a family will also make you suffer.
– Make sure that you are passionate about what you are doing. If you are not, you should consider changing it to what you like. You will only succeed if you love what you are doing.
About Josh Verne
Josh Verne’s payroll deduction system was phenomenal. It is what brought him to the spotlight. The established entrepreneur developed workpays.me with the help of Paul Dumas and Jon Dorfman. The system’s efficiency is impeccable. It allows its customers to make purchases over installments of up to 12 months. The payments must, however, be made from a customer’s bank account, or be deducted from their payroll. He established the payroll system in 2012 and sold it to Global Analytics holding two years later.
Josh Verne went on to start FlockU.com, a platform that has taken colleges by storm. Less than a year after its establishment, FlockU is growing well. The platform allows college students to share content and material through peer-to-peer connections. The company is based in Pennsylvania.